The Mystic Wellington Yacht Club has a proud history of
community service and involvement within the City of Medford as well as with other state and local agencies.
Conservation & Wildlife:
The Yacht Club is dedicated to protecting all aspects of the environment. MWYC continues to promote to it's members and the
general public the desire to preserve the ecology of the Mystic River, Boston Harbor and related waters, encourage the care and protection of wildfowl and marine life, uphold and/or exchange all
state and federal environmental regulations, specifically pertaining to the clean water acts and public safety ordinances.
- Mystic River Awareness Fund has been set up for the preservation of the Mystic River.
- MWYC annually has been committed to work with Mystic River Watershed Association and the DCR to cleanup the invasive weeds plaguing
the Mystic River
- Bird and Insect monitors have been installed on the club grounds for biological surveillance.
- Members of the Medford's Friends of the Mystic River Organization
- Members of the Medford Watershed Association
- Members of the Massachusetts Boating & Yacht Club Association
Since Mystic Wellington Yacht Club's inception, the Yacht Club has prided itself with Riverside Yacht Club and the Winter Hill Yacht Club
in preserving the Annual Blessing of the Bay Ceremony that has been an on going tradition in the City of Medford since Sailing Ships were built in the 1600's.
Annual Donations and Sponsorships:
- Medford Pride Day Donations:
- Mystic River Cleanup monetary donation, rental of dumpsters, equipment, and membership labor
- Sponsorship of Medford High School Scholarship Program - Two Scholarships awarded annually
- Sponsorship of Medford Little league Program
- Sponsorship of Mayor's Sports Program
- Sponsorship of Mayor's Golf Day
- Sponsorship of City of Medford War Memorial
- Sponsorship of the Medford Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Sponsorship of the U.S. Marine Corps. Toys for Tots Program
- Hosts of Fishin with a Mission Autism Awareness Fundraising Event
- Sponsorship of the Jimmy Fund
- Sponsorship of the American Cancer Society
- Sponsorship of the American Diabetes Foundation
- Sponsorship of the Cystic Fibrosis Fund
- Sponsorship of the Brain Tumor Society
- Sponsorship of the Project Triangle Inc.